York

York

Part one, Yorkshire Museum:

I decided to write this journey to York in few blogs, so I can tell in every blog something interesting. This time I will tell about Yorkshire Museum which was the first place I visited in York.
Yorkshire Museum tells about Yorks history, people of the empire, and Yorks jurassic world which told about fossils of dinosaurs that were found in the area of York, mostly about ammonites and other creatures that lived in the water.

My favourite part were large hoard of 1858 Roman coins. It was found at the Wold Newton in Yorkshire by David Blakey in 2014. I don't know why it was my favourite part, but it looked nice. Also I liked a mosaic just because you could walk on it.
Other interesting parts were for example skulls and skeletons of the people of the empire. I wanted to see the gardens outside near the museum but it was under construction, I still saw an old wall next to the museum.
Tomorrow I will tell you about the old York Minster which you can see in the photo.






Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Last day with Graham and Food in York

New friends and ping pong

First touch with Leeds