First Day!


Day 1


From Finland to Leeds, England:


I woke up 03.15 a.m. and we drove with my mother to the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. From Helsinki I flew to the Manchester airport. From Manchester I took the train to Leeds.
In Leeds i had a little problem finding the way to Joan's house. After one hour i finally found the easiest way to get there. I took the train and walked about five hundred meters.
Finally I found Joan's house! She gave me a warm welcome and a tour of her house. She also told me about local shops, restaurants and pubs. I also asked about public transport and she told me what she knew.
She offered me tea and bread with marmalade. We drank tea and I went outside for a walk. During the walk I went grocery shopping. When I got back, I spent the rest of my day at the house and talked with Joan and her husband Tim.     

Kommentit

  1. Tell about your feelings at firs day. It would be interesting.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. At first I was scared and didn't know where to go and what to do. Of course, in the end I figured everything out and I was confident about what I was doing.

      Poista
  2. It looks, that unknown komment from muther.😇 Great, Sasha. It is so interesting to be in another country. This important that you came to people, you can feel real life in England. Toni asks is there Lidl in Leed? Anna, Toni and babushka.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Sure it is good to live in a real British family and learn how they do things. About Lidl I don't know yet. I haven't been in the centre of Leeds. I came out of the train and went right to the next one, which was heading to Headingley where Joan lives. Tomorrow is my first day of work. I have only walked around here in Headingley. It's about 15 km away from Leeds. I will inform you tomorrow if I see Lidl.

      Poista
  3. Excellent. Seems like you're getting started just fine. How is the food? And are you getting accustomed to left hand drive?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Seems to be marking me as unknown, but that was dad.

      Poista
    2. I have only eaten macaroni with chicken and also Joan's homemade bread and marmalade. But yes, macaroni and chicken is the same as in Finland and Joan's bread is good and marmalade delicious.
      Left hand drive is very strange but I'm almost accustomed to it.

      Poista

Lähetä kommentti

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Last day with Graham and Food in York

New friends and ping pong

First touch with Leeds