Summary

Summary

Before my trip I got some basic information about England. Most important things I noticed were of course left sided streets and that I need to get adapter for sockets. We had an adapter so I took it with me and I got use to the left sided roads very fast.
When I arrived first think I noticed was that at the airport and railway station everybody were kind and helpful. I asked help few times and every time lady at the information booth was calling me sweetheart and understood that I'm not a local and helped me with everything.
As soon as I got to Joan's house to drop off my luggage I went for a walk. At walk I saw strange 10 cm x 10 cm metal squares across the street that pointed out a zebra crossing. Nobody actually used them because everyone was jaywalking.
On my first week I was walking around Leeds and Headingley. Headingely is part of Leeds and there lives mostly students, it's like a student area. Leeds is beautiful city with lots of old buildings and churches. My work days were from 08:30 till 15:30 so I had a good time after work. Leeds is a student city, like Tampere in Finland, so there was lots of entertainment for the students such as clubs, bars and shopping centers. About 700 000 people live in Leeds and 200 000 of them are students.

I also visited York. York is a old city about 30 min away from Leeds by train. York's main attraction is York Minster that was built in 637. Minster was very beautiful and I would like to visit York itself again.

In England I drank from 3 to 5 cups of the per day, and ate few times fish and chips. My English skills got a lot better and I learned to understand people speaking in different accents.
England surprised me in many ways and I would like to visit country again sometime.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Last day with Graham and Food in York

New friends and ping pong

First touch with Leeds