Shopping


Day 8



I woke up at 08.00 a.m. and was planning to go to the York. Unfortunately it was raining and windy outside so I decided to visit York next weekend. I read more about York and the rain didn't stop. The rain stopped about at 12.30. p.m. so I went to Leeds with few other students from Finland. We visited a few malls and shops that you can't find in Kouvola. Other students bought clothes, but I didn't buy anything. I was searching something to bring to Finland as a souvenir. I actually found some souvenirs but was scared to buy anything. I have two and a half weeks left so I decided to not hurry. At least I have a few ideas in my mind.
In the middle of shopping we ate fish&chips. They were good but not as good as in the other place that was located next to my job. After lunch we walked around Leeds and saw for example the town hall from up close. Other students wanted to visit more shops, but i went home, but I went home. It wasn't that dark yet so I walked home. On the road home there were
many students outside and I think it's because of the weekend and they wanted to have some fun with friends. I noticed that British students have more fun on their free time as they were walking around in big groups and hanging out together.

Kommentit

  1. Sasha visit some museum or another interesting place, it gives your more information about place and it's history, this make different from another places. Shops how you truly noticed are the same nowadays.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I'm planning to visit museums in York. Joan said that in Leeds there are no good museums. Leeds is more of a student city so there are lots of pubs, bars and night clubs.

      Poista
  2. The most famous thing in Leeds must be Leeds United FC. But not much besides football, I believe.

    VastaaPoista
  3. That's true, also all of Leeds universities are famous but they are schools. I can't go inside, but I can take photos if you want in my next blog. Next to my job is Leeds United shop, if you want I can bring you a shirt from there :D.

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Last day with Graham and Food in York

New friends and ping pong

First touch with Leeds